- Red Chili Powder
- To Blend
- 1/2 inch slice of ginger
- 1/4 cup Coriander( Cilantro) Leaves
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera seed
- 2 whole dried red chilis
- 5 curry leaves
- Pinch of Asafetida/Hing
- 2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 2 Bay leaves
- In a blender add coconut, ginger,coriander, cashews and tamarind paste adding water as necessary to make a thick paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and jeera seeds.
- Once the seeds have begun to splutter, add whole red chili, curry leaves,urad dal, and bay leaves. Add a pinch of hing ( be not too much otherwise the taste could be overwhelming). Continue to move ingredients around until the Urad Dal becomes a light brown color then remove from heat.
- Add the Tadka to your paste which you’ve made earlier. To this add a pinch of salt and red chili powder to taste and you’re done!
I usually have this for breakfast in the morning with chapatis when I’m in a rush to make something. It also pairs great with Idli dosa. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have! Leave your comments below and tell me if you’ve tried it or share your own chutney recipes. :)
Hi there, Sorry I’ve been MIA lately. I’ve been a bit busy and it seems I never have time to type up the articles I plan and upload them. In the meantime I’ve been thinking of making a youtube where I can just film my thoughts on products, swatches, etc which I will link to my blog so that I can continue my blog whilst still finding time for other things but I’m not sure if you all would be interested in that. What are your thoughts on it? Shall I make a youtube channel? Comment below and tell me your opinion :).
Happy Friday Everyone! I hope you all have had a lovely week, and will have an even more amazing weekend! :)
Left To Right: Don’t Blink Pink|Purty Persimmon| Sugar Plum Fairy|Cherry Picking
Left to Right:Cherry Bomb|Penthouse Sweet|Saraghina|A Currant Affair
I started trying Wet N Wild Lipsticks out last month and I love them so much that I’ve been adding more to my collection each time I head to the drugstore. They’re super affordable ( $1.99- 2.99), long lasting, and come in a wide range of colors. I own lipsticks from the Mega last Collection, Fergie Collection, and Mega shield Collection. As my obsession grows I figured it’s about time I share some swatches with you all and , maybe this will be helpful to those of you who are thinking about trying them out but not sure which color to get. For those of you who already own them what are your thoughts on the lipsticks and which shades are your favorites?
- Don’t Blink Pink
- Purty Persimmon
- Sugar Plum Fairy
- Cherry Picking
- Cherry Bomb
- Penthouse Sweet
1. Raw African Black Soap: During the month of May I was experiencing a period of awful skin. Everyday I would get a new breakout and I couldn’t find anything to help it. What made it even worse is that the acne was leaving dark spots everywhere on my face.Then I remembered that I had this. This soap is now my absolute favorite cleanser I will never purchase anything else for my face. To use it I just take a tiny pea sized amount on my finger and put a little water into my hand then lather it up. After using it my skin feels smooth and clean but not tight and super dry. Since using it my dark spots have faded, the texture of my skin has improved, and I haven’t experienced any breakouts.I picked up a huge chunk of this stuff at the Indian grocery store near my house for about 5 dollars . It came packaged in labeled plastic wrap and I’ve since transplanted it to an old jar I found around the house for ease of using it. I also found it works great at cleansing the body and scalp, and well as clearing up body acne. The look of it and texture kind of resembles earwax so if you’re looking for some super fancy cleanser with a milky texture then this probably isn’t for you. However if you love natural skincare I would definitely recommend that you give it a try!
2.Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation: I love this foundation because it really covers all my imperfections but leaves my skin still feeling bare. I decided that I’m officially over liquid, and cream foundations because I can’t stand that feeling of having an extra product on my skin. Usually I do one layer and then if there is anything not covered I can go over that again and it covers it up. Or some days I only use it on areas where I need it and it’s so seamless that you don’t notice there’s foundation on some parts of my face and not others.It’s definitely a buildable foundation. I purchased mine in the shade Deep Ebony.
3. Sleek Blush By 3 ‘Sugar’ Palette : The center shade is a shimmer while the other two are matte. I find the mattes to be really great for everyday because they just give my skin a hint of color without making me look clownish. I love the center shade for days when I want more luminosity. It’s definitely wearable for day wear because while there is shimmer, its very subtle.
4.Victoria’s Secret Prime and Set Makeup Spray: This keeps my makeup looking the same from the time I put it on till late at night when I go to cleanse my face. Definitely a new staple for me. As far as I know this is only sold in the stores not on the website.
5. Inglot 77 Gel Eyeliner: This eyeliner is so pigmented and dark. I was really amazed by the consistency of it as well. The product is ultra creamy and just glides right across my skin. I only need a very tiny amount, so I think this product will last quite a long time.
6. Wet n Wild ‘Berry Shimmer’: Check out my Wet N Wild Haul from last week to read my thoughts about this product and see some swatches.
That concludes my June Favorites. It was really a great month for me because i found a lot of new products that I think will be staples in my everyday makeup for as long as they’re available. I hope you all had a lovely month as well. I would love to hear about the beauty favorites you discovered in the month of June.
Till next time XoXo,